Buscar este blog

Facebook Google+ Twitter RSS
------ BIENVENIDOS AL BLOG DE INGLÉS UNO ------
gadgets para blogger
Translator
Traductor mejorado pruebalo!

jueves, 26 de enero de 2012

El presente progresivo

They are speaking


Present Progressive

The present progressive is formed by combining the verb "to be" with the present participle. (The present participle is merely the "-ing" form of a verb.)

I am studying.
I am studying with María.

In English, present progressive can be used to describe what is happening now, or what will happen in the future.

I am studying now.
I am studying with María tonight.

In Spanish, the present progressive is only used to describe an action that is in the process of taking place. It is not used for future actions.

I am studying now.
(use present progressive)

I am studying with María tonight.
(do not use present progressive)
To form the present progressive, simply conjugate the verb estar to agree with the subject of the sentence, and follow it with the present participle.


Juan está comiendo pan.
John is eating bread.

María y Carmen están hablando con nosotros.
Mary and Carmen are speaking with us.

Remember, only use the present progressive for actions that are "in progress." Compare the uses of the present indicative with the uses of the present progressive.

Estudio español. (Present Indicative)

I study Spanish.
I am studying Spanish (these days).
I do study Spanish.

Estoy estudiando español. (Present Progressive)

I am studying (right now, at this moment) Spanish.

It is important to remember that you would never use the present progressive to say something like "We are going to Spain this summer." Use present progressive only for actions that are "in progress."

Fuente:http://www.studyspanish.com/lessons/presprog.htm

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario